Help for Parents
Does Your Child do this when you come around?
• unexpectedly stops using their device(s)
• appears nervous or jumpy when using device(s)
• appears uneasy about being at school or outside
• appears to be angry, depressed, or frustrated after texting, chatting, using social media, or gaming
• becomes abnormally withdrawn
• avoids discussions about their activities online
If so, your child may be experiencing a form of cyberbullying.
Read more about signs to watch out for here.
9 Ways To Respond to Your Child
Respond thoughtfully, not fast.
Be Open-Minded & consider other perspectives.
Document any evidence
Reach out for help.
Acknowledge your child's resilience
Remember that bullies have often been bullied too
Restore your child's confidence
Tips on Responding to CyberBullying
Get Help For Your Child.
Here's a frequently updated list of Internet, gaming, and social media companies and their contact information so you know exactly where to get help